Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Curried Lamb Shanks


I broke Leonard's dutch oven while making this one. I used his recipe from the Globe and Mail, and it WRONGLY said "heat oil over medium-high heat in dutch oven" as one of the first steps. I thought that was odd, but I followed it anyway. So I browned the lamb shanks in the dutch oven as written, put them on a plate, turned the heat off, and the dutch oven then cracked into three big pieces. I called Leonard at work to tell him what happened, and he calmly said, "It broke because you're not supposed to use the dutch oven on the stove." Stupid recipe. I then had to rush off to Canadian Tire to buy a new dutch oven so I could make the meal before he came over for dinner. The lamb turned out very nicely at the end, even though we had to eat at 9pm because of the delay!

2 comments: