Saturday, August 6, 2011

181: CONROY'S CASTLE/FOUNDATION WALL

Had a pretty awesome climbing day at Cheakamus. I haven't had much time to go to the climbing gym this summer, and now that I think about it, I've been going outdoors more often than indoors, which is just fine with me. Outdoors takes a lot more time but is much more exciting. Patrick is teaching me lots about outdoor climbing and hopefully I will be able to do some lead climbing by the end of the summer. I am just a little freaked out about the danger factor for leading outside, but I must get over this fear to be a competent climber. (Lead climbing = rope underneath you, so if you fall, you fall A LOT and probably get injured).

Look at my dirty hands! Thats what belaying with a dirty rope will do to you.



1 comment:

  1. hehhes, you can definitely do it!

    dirty hands is better than me :( i scraped my knuckles today!

    ReplyDelete