Friday, February 15, 2013

An Active Valentine


I had to work closing shift on Valentine's day, but I had the following two days off instead, which was even better because the sun finally came out! Leonard and I started off with a bike ride over to Commercial Drive, where we picked up sandwiches from La Grotta and dessert from Fratelli's, then we went to Burrard View Park in the Hastings-Sunrise area to eat our lunch. It was my first time biking since September, and I felt VERY out of shape, as I was huffing and puffing up little hills! Then we biked to The Wilder Snail, a coffeeshop in Strathcona. I've never been in that neighbourhood before, and I always assumed that it would be a bit shady since it is close to Chinatown and the downtown east side, but I thought it was a very cute area with cool houses.

We biked home afterwards, but the activities weren't over yet! We hopped into my car and headed over to Home Depot to pick up cleaning supplies (ie. big sponge and a squeegee) and then to Leonard's place to pick up his mop and pail, and then we went back to my place to clean my car, which badly needed to be washed. I sponged while he hosed down the car, and it was surprisingly fun.  Who knew a car wash would be such a good bonding activity.

Then it was time for a lovely dinner at Diva and the Met  in the evening followed by two episodes of Mad Men. It was a very full day, just the way I like it.  Exercise, fresh air, sun, good food, wonderful company, good tv, clean car - what more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment