Saturday, February 16, 2013

Winter Bike Ride


It was the second day in a row where I didn't have to work and it was sunny, so Leonard and I went for another bike ride. This time we went downtown and around the seawall at Stanley Park, stopped at Third Beach to enjoy the sun and sand, and then biked up to Finch's for my favourite sandwich of all time in Vancouver (yes, it beats the porchetta sandwich at Meat and Bread in my books) - the pear, blue brie, proscuitto, and walnut sandwich. Nom nom nom!


One sandwich wasn't enough for Leonard since we had just biked 20km, so we went to Save On Meats a few blocks away for an after-lunch poutine...

...and then I biked home, showered, and then went to Burnaby for dinner and bowling with work friends until late. Phew! Another very full day, and 40+km biked in the past two days. Now that's what I call a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment