Wednesday, June 15, 2011

150: SOME PRETTINESS TO OFFSET MY SORROWS AND DISGUST

Today was the Stanley Cup finals. I went out with a coworker from Vancouver as well as the pharmacy manager and her family to eat and watch the game at Boston/Vancouver Pizza. I was prepared for cheering and (happy) madness, but it was the opposite, as the Canucks lost 4-0 to Boston. Needless to say, it was very disappointing and I had to drown my sorrows with pizza and a fancy cocktail. I went out for a walk afterwards, and it was so pretty by the water with the sunset, which put me into a better mood. I love the snow capped mountains around the city. They're gorgeous in real life when the sun is out.

When it got dark, I joined my coworker at the hotel gym, where the two of us worked out while watching in disbelief as downtown Vancouver was destroyed by the riots. I was riveted to the tv. The riots, with all the looting and burning and smashing and fighting, were so much worse than I could have ever imagined. I was so disgusted by these rioters. What I couldn't believe was that these people were breaking into stores and stealing things, even while they were on live tv! What idiots. After watching the live news coverage for a couple of hours, I didn't even care about the Stanley cup at all. All I wanted was for the rioters to leave downtown and to stop ruining my city. These hooligans are NOT representing Vancouver.




3 comments: