Sunday, June 19, 2011

153: FATHER'S DAY FOOD

Happy Father's Day! I took my family to lunch at Bistro Pastis on West 4th, where I had a croque madame (the croque madame comes with an egg, but the croque monseiur doensn't, because men don't have eggs - get it??)

Then my brother took us out for dinner at West. Yum yum yum

DUNGENESS CRAB CAKE
SAWMILL BAY MUSSELSSOYBEAN AND RADISH SALADOLIVE OIL HOLLANDAISE

PRING LAMB RISOTTO
BIODYNAMIC 1YR AGED RICEBRAISED PEACE RIVER LAMB 
GRILLED RADICCHIOARUGULAMANCHEGO
LAMB CHOP WRAPPED IN SAUSAGESMOKED EGGPLANT PUREE
CHICKPEA FRITTERS
GREEN ASPARAGUS AND ARUGULA SALADVERJUS AND YOGHURT
CHOCOLATE BUTTERSCOTCH GANACHE TARTLETTEHAZELNUT ICE CREAM
CREPES LAYERED WITH BROWN BUTTER SAUTEED APPLES AND MELTED BRIE
BUTTERMILK GENOISE CUSTARD AND BACON MAPLE SYRUP

3 comments:

  1. YUM indeed, and thanks for teaching me something new about the croque mademoiselle (egg vs. non)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh, I hear West is super good! lucky!

    ReplyDelete