Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sunset

Sunset in Hawaii - taken with my Holga

When I heard on the radio that the time change with the DST is happening this Sunday, it hit me - it's November. It's almost winter. It's going to get dark at 4pm soon. For some reason, I haven't noticed it this year. I haven't even really minded the change from the sunny days of summer to the rain & wind of the fall. Is it because I no longer mainly rely on transit? Is it because I am stuck indoors most of the time at work anyway, so that I don't even care if it's raining or not? Or is it because I've been too busy to notice (I've been go-go-go for the past couple of months)?

I used to get so depressed in the fall/winter during my school days because of the lack of sunlight and the abundance of rain (I HATE when cars spray water all over you while you're standing on the sidewalk!), but I was amazed this morning when I realized how different I feel this year. Even when it started pouring/hailing this afternoon and I was caught without an umbrella, I just walked into a souvenir store in Gastown unfazed, bought an umbrella, and kept walking around downtown as rivulets of water streamed down the sidewalk and little pieces of hail bounced all over my boots. I didn't mind it at all - in fact, I actually kind of enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment