Monday, October 31, 2011

Swinging in the Autumn Air




I was restless after being cooped up in my bed since my surgery. But finally! Finally today I was able to go outside without experiencing pain from the light. I went to the school near my house and hopped on the swings for a good half hour. It was exhilarating, and the feeling I had - resulting from the crisp autumn air, the sun warming my back, the leaves swirling in the wind, Beach House's dreamy music playing in my ipod, the rush of swinging as high as my legs could pump me - I just felt truly happy. There I was, grinning like an idiot, on the swings by myself, and I didn't care. I couldn't stop smiling because of the enthusiasm I had for life at that moment. I smiled at the trees, at the sky, at the gardener using his leaf blower. I feel as if there were so many exciting things ahead for me in life. Having perfect vision is just a part of it.

1 comment: