Monday, July 23, 2012

An Attempt to Hike Norvan Falls (But a Failure)



It was an ugly, rainy day, but we had all booked time off to do a hike, so we still went ahead with it. We decided to do Norvan Falls, a hike in the Lynn Valley area, because we wanted to do something relatively flat due to the rain. First we realized we had parked an extra hour away from where we were supposed to start....





Then we realized that we had done the harder of the two parallel trails heading to Norvan Falls. It took us double the time it should have! Regretfully we had to turn around at the halfway mark, because otherwise we wouldn't have been able to get back to the car before dark. We decided to mark the barrel as our final destination.



It ended up being about a 12 km hike, which took us about 6 hours. By the end of the day we were all soaking wet. I had brought two extra pairs of socks with me, but when I took them out after the hike, I found that they were also very wet. Jenny resorted to changing socks and putting plastic bags over her dry socks because her shoes were soaked through.


It felt pretty cool in the beginning, because it felt like I was going on a real adventure. By the last hour I was wishing I was in a warm and dry room though.

1 comment:

  1. haha we should do another rain hike ;)
    we'll be better prepared now

    ReplyDelete