Thursday, September 9, 2010

253: BLOODBUZZ OHIO


I had an awesome day! It started out with a leisurely bike ride with a friend in the morning, starting at Granville Island and going along False Creek past the Olympic Village, Science World, Yaletown, and finally Stanley Park, and then going all the way back to our starting point. I think it's about a 25 to 30km bike ride, but it was flat and therefore fun! Plus, along the way, we stopped at Sciue (an Italian cafe) for brunch and had panini and a ciambella, and then had gelato at the end of the bike ride to reward ourselves. My friend lives two blocks from Granville Island and I am so jealous of his new condo, especially the location. I want to be his neighbour so I can do that bike ride every week!

Lions Gate Bridge from the Stanley Park seawall

Afterwards, I went home, met up with another friend, and went all the way back to Stanley Park for an outdoor concert. We got there when the gates opened and managed to get front row spots. One thing I hate about general admission in concerts is that tall people alway block my view, but I was so glad I didn't have that problem this time! The National was really good - I LOVE the singer's deep voice.



2 comments:

  1. I really love your last 2 photos! They look EPIC! Haha and nice tagging of "beast", you certainly proved to be one with all that biking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss going to concerts with you.
    We should go to one when you come visit.

    ReplyDelete