Sunday, January 30, 2011

30: ANOTHER BON VOYAGE

We had a surprise bon voyage party for Giosy, as she is leaving us next week for Italy. It was held at Kat's condo downtown - it was my first time there and boy was I impressed, both at the place and at her amazing cooking skills. She made us so much good food!!

First we had appies, with my favourite, the baked brie.

She had also set up lovely place settings at the dinner table.





The building has a gorgeous downtown view:

And it even has its own bouldering wall (!!!):


We had THREE desserts: Cupcakes (Rae's contribution), creme brulee, and chocolate espresso pudding.

Why are all my friends moving away? Everyone's living in different cities, countries, and continents now! I miss having everyone in the same city as me. Anyway let's end this off with a poem I wrote.

IN ITALIA

O mio dio Giosy! You are leaving soon
You surely must be over the moon.
Leaving Vancouver and living on your own
In Firenze, in Italia! Where you will hone
Your language skills, your cooking skills,
Your making-eye-contact-with-strange-men skills!
You’ll be such a pro with these Italian men
I bet you’ll have four or five or maybe even ten
Feeding you grapes, and shining your shoes
Wearing aprons and cooking you stews.
They’ll be eating off the palm of your hand
Your Florentine life will be so grand!

I’m jealous of all this pasta and pizza and gelato and more
You’ll be eating so much food your jaws will get sore
While you’re there you have to try a Florentine steak
It’ll be even better than a Dairy Queen ice cream cake
(With extra cookie); My mouth is watering as I write this line
That thick juicy slab of meat, I wish it could be mine…
But don’t eat too much gelato without brushing your teeth after
I know you’re asking, “Why does this even matter?”
Well your teeth will fall off, and then you’ll need dentures,
And you really don’t want that kind of adventure.

Our Eurotrips were the stuff of legend
How I wished they would never end
The travels we’ve done have brought us closer
To a true friendship (you know I’m not a poser)
For the next seven months I will miss you dearly
And I mean this very sincerely
You’re one of my ragazze, my traveling sister
You will never be replaced by any mister!

Your stay in Italy will be so awesome
It’s the time and place for you to blossom.
With confidence you’ll speak Italian that’s perfetto
While drinking espressos, wearing stilettos.

I demand that you keep in touch (hellz yeah I’m bossy)
Ma e’ perche’ ti voglio bene, la mia carina Giosy!

1 comment:

  1. I love love love the photos and the poem, Nicky! Thanks so much for writing and illustrating those pages. You really SHOULD be a rapper! Hahaha. I'm going to miss you!

    ReplyDelete