Friday, March 4, 2011

62: TAKAO-SAN

Before
As we climbed the Inariyama trail up Mount Takao, it went from dry to muddy to so extremely muddy that there was suction coming from the ground whenever I lifted up my foot to take a step.

It started off as a sunny day but quickly became cloudy, and the summit provided us with a faint view of Mt Fuji, which unfortunately was covered with clouds at the top.

It was too slippery and dangerous to take the same route down, so we opted for the fastest way down instead (the cable car wasn't working that day): Cement trail #1. It was paved, but it was so steep that I ran all the way down the mountain!

Muddy
After

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a wet version of mount etna. remember how we had to practically run down the mountain near the end? our shoes were distrutti. which reminds me, i still haven't cleaned my red converse shoes...

    ReplyDelete