Wednesday, March 16, 2011

74: BBQ MEAT

The Canadian government finally issued an official warning against non-essential travel to Tokyo because of the rolling blackouts and the unreliability of trains. We were supposed to head back to Tokyo for a few days after Osaka, but because of the government warning and the news about radiation leaks, we decided to see if we could fly out of Osaka instead of having to go back to Tokyo.

We spent all morning trying to sort everything out, and I just have to say, Thank God for Phoebe's skype phone and the free internet at the hotel. Unfortunately, the cheapest flight out of Osaka that I could find was $2800, which was almost 3 times the cost of my original flight! I chose that option, because I was fairly sure my insurance company would pay me back (in fact, I just read the insurance coverage and formal written warnings by the government against non essential travel is covered up to $3000 - yay!), whereas Jenn and Andy decided they would go back up to Tokyo and camp out at the Narita airport instead.

We ended up not doing very much in the city because of this, so the only pictures I took are of dinner at a barbeque restaurant. We each had 300 grams of meat and it was so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment