Friday, July 8, 2011

165: MOTHER MOTHER

This weekend is Vancouver's 125 year anniversary, and the city is celebrating by putting on free concerts all weekend at Stanley Park. They are mostly local acts, but some are pretty awesome and are a permanent part of my playlist, and it's such a shame I am working all weekend. I managed to catch Mother Mother after work on Friday though. This band is based in Vancouver and I had wanted to go to their show a few months ago but I was too slow in buying tickets and they ended up selling out the Commodore.

Because of this, I was expecting a large crowd, especially since it was free, and my expectations were correct. There were so many kids in the crowd too, teenagers who were trying to be cool but were instead just laughable in my eyes. I got tired of all the pushing and shoving coming from the teenagers so had to move a little bit further to the back to get the chance to actually enjoy the performance. Sonically, Mother Mother was great. I was entranced by the giant balls above the crowd, which were changing colours every few seconds and threatening to bounce onto the stage and onto the band members.

I would definitely see Mother Mother again. For money!

1 comment:

  1. I gotta see Mother Mother during the Olympics and there were a ton of teenagers pushing and shoving there too! I think they are taylored to a bit younger crowd... but I secretly find their music catchy.

    Those balls that change colour... they were also at the closing ceremony at the Olympics! (re-used?)

    ReplyDelete