Saturday, July 30, 2011

178: TY SEGALL @ BILTMORE

Some guys in the audience headbanging

First time shooting a concert in a mini mosh pit! I was shocked at how everyone at the front was so into the music. I couldn't get any good shots from my spot at the corner, so eventually I had to push my way to the front on the other side of the stage, which I did in between songs. I knelt to take photos as the music started, and all of a sudden I started getting pushed and people started falling all over me. Good thing I was kneeling, because that stabilized me so that instead of tipping over, I just had people fall on top of me (I did fall over once, but it wasn't too too bad). I had people hitting my head/back/sides/legs/camera so I had to leave that spot after the one song. It was an interesting night. I really wish the Biltmore would provide some better lighting!!! These photos were shot with my lens wide open (f2.8) and ISO 6400....and they're still dark!




Look at that audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment