Thursday, September 6, 2012

Brandywine Meadows

I felt like I was in a fairytale while I was hiking this trail. Fields of flowers, surrounded by trees and snowcapped mountains..I've never been anywhere like this before. It was rated "difficult" (as in, same level as the Grouse Grind and harder than The Chief and Garibaldi) but I didn't find it particularly hard. The beginning is very steep (some parts are steeper than the Grind), but it was really just the downhill at the steep section that I found to be challenging. It's like going down the Grind, but instead of having steps, having loose soil in their place... there were also lots of obstacles, like mud and climbing vertical logs and giant trees that had fallen onto the trail. It was fun! It was my kind of hike. And a great reward at the end.











(Pics 1,2,3,9 via Allen)

No comments:

Post a Comment