Thursday, October 28, 2010

301: THE ORPHEUM

I just had a fantastic day.

First, I finally found myself a new weekday climbing partner. I climbed with him today, and it was nice to be able to go at a time when it's not so busy. I ended up with tons of bruises though - my knee is now one massive bruise and it hurts to walk and especially to kneel!

Then, I met Giosy for dinner at Mis Trucos. We had foie gras to start, and then we shared THREE entrees between the two of us (lobster and truffle risotto, venison with gnocchi, and lamb ragu papardelle) and a pitcher of white sangria. It was oh so yummy, and you know how happy good food makes me feel!

Afterwards, we headed over to the Orpheum to watch Chantal Kreviazuk perform with the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra. It was my birthday gift to Giosy, and I'm glad she enjoyed herself. I managed to get 5th row tickets, and we were so close to the stage. We weren't allowed to take pictures though, and I knew that if I tried to sneak a picture that one of the ushers would come down the aisle and shine a flashlight at me and tell me to stop. It was amazing seeing her perform with the lush sounds of the orchestra in the background. I had a clear view of the piano and her hands as she played, and she was really going at it! She is such a talented woman.

T.V.B.!!!!
Climbing, good food, and a concert - that is my perfect day!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha you didn't mention good company in your summation! This isn't the first time I've had to bring this up...

    But yes, I also had a wonderful time WITH YOU and am so grateful for the amazing birthday gift. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete