Friday, October 29, 2010

303: GALAXY


I've had my old phone under repairs for the past 4 months, and I have been so frustrated at the lack of communication by the Cellcom at Richmond Centre (do NOT go there, they give the worst service ever). Basically I had to wait 4 months to find out that nothing has been done to my phone, because they were waiting for me to pay $45 since it was "out of warranty", and the reason it was out of warranty was because although I had sent the phone in for repairs on June 22 and the warranty expired on June 29, the store took too long to send it to the Nokia repair factory and Nokia didn't receive it until July 2nd and were therefore not honoring the warranty. It took four whole months for me to find out the reason why my phone wasn't being repaired for free!

Anyway, after numerous phone calls and complaints to my cellphone provider, they agreed to give me a hardware upgrade early and to give me a decent data plan because of my situation. After doing extensive research on the iPhone 4 vs Samsung Galaxy Captivate, I picked the Galaxy. I was in a dilemma, because in my head I knew that the Galaxy was superior, but in my heart I wanted the iPhone 4.... however, I wanted a phone ASAP, and the Galaxy was available to order, whereas the iPhone is still out of stock. My phone arrived yesterday, and I'm glad I ended up getting the Galaxy. IT IS SO COOL!!!!!! I was up until 2:30am last night playing around with it! (I don't know why the phone says 2:56am though, because I took this picture at 10am this morning...)

I am so amazed at today's technology!! I even downloaded a Blog-droid app so I can update my blog from my phone!

2 comments:

  1. COOL! Welcome, Galaxy!!! Haha I would so be up until the wee hours if I got something new too...wait a minute, I already do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo do tell me how The Hunger Games is! I've been meaning to pick that up too. Yes I watched TONS of TV. It was all I did yesterday and I woke up dizzy this morning, probably from over-stimulation of my occipital lobe.

    ReplyDelete