Friday, February 18, 2011

49: PLANTS AND ANIMALS WITH YUKON BLONDE

Yukon Blonde

Plants and Animals
After an exhausting day full of exercise, I headed down to the Commodore to see the Plants and Animals concert, with Yukon Blonde as the opening act. While I was there, I met a concert photographer, and our brief conversation has sparked in me a desire to be one as well. I hadn't really thought about it before, but what's not to like - I would get to go to free shows, stand at the front, wear a media pass, and bring in my SLR (instead of my puny point and shoot)! Now I just need to work on a portfolio and figure out a way to get that media pass.

It was a good show, but it felt like everyone around me was high or drugged up in some way. It was a bit odd. By midnight, the Plants and Animals set wasn't over yet, but I was so sleepy that I didn't stay for the encore. I shouldn't have done that extra 2 hour bike ride in the afternoon after my 2.5 hours of climbing in the morning!!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should pursue this dream, Bombshell! Just one thing to keep in mind: you're not guaranteed front row stance--remember how the photographers had to fight their way to the front? Remember how that girl kept yelling, "NO! NO!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's true. i would have to gain some fighting-through-the-crowd skills.

    ReplyDelete