Friday, May 27, 2011

137: DANCE DANCE DANCE

Lykke Li had the most dramatic entrance I have ever seen. Pounding drums, swirling curtains, and billowing smoke filled the stage as the sold out crowd at the Vogue anxiously awaited for the Swedish singer to come out. It lasted for minutes and the music made me feel as if something hugely important was about to arrive, as if it was the impending Rapture. Fortunately, it was Lykke Li who stepped out onto the stage, not the end of the world. And she enthralled me with her great stage presence.

I have been spoiled recently with being able to nab front row spots at concerts, but today I came a bit later than usual (due to a dinner at Lupo - yay for rabbit pappardelle!) and was dismayed to find a crowd in front of the stage. There were way too many obstacles (heads, cameras, hands) in front of me. Good thing someone started pushing behind me during the show - I gladly let her propel me further up towards the stage and ended up beside the tall people instead of behind them. Score!


1 comment:

  1. omg nicky, awesome pictures! these may be my favourite of your concert pics yet. they're so artsy and dramatic! glad you got to sneak in front!

    ReplyDelete