Tuesday, August 10, 2010

222: MEETING OF THE MINDS

The birthday boy and his strawberry italian soda with mango stars.

Tonight, there was an impromptu meeting of the pharmaceutical minds. Through discussion with three pharmacists from rival companies and one from a hospital, I learned:

a.) How to politely say no when a customer gives you their dirty, greasy phone because they want you to talk to their friend/mother/father/grandparent/sibling

b.) Stay away from customers carrying bags of feces. And insist that they take their bag of feces with them when they leave.

c.) Wear gloves when you open tubes sent from other parts of the hospital, or else you can get HIV-positive or Hepatitis C-positive blood explode all over your hands

d.) The gay pride parade float from my company this year looked very empty and had a tired looking man dancing in a shopping cart. I've never been, but all my friends tell me that it's fun to go. The float needs some young blood, and my friends suggested that I email head office to say, "Dear head office, I would very much like to be on the float for the gay pride parade. Please give me the day off and reserve me a spot to dance on the shopping cart for next year. I already have a t-shirt and baseball cap with the company logo so you don't even have to provide me with clothing. Thank you kindly." HAH!

e.) Do not order a drink with pearls, coconut jelly, AND mango stars... The menu said there was no charge for adding any of these into my drink, so I decided to be economical and asked to add all of them in. The waitress looked so surprised and confused when I asked for all three. It was not a wise decision, since all the different tastes and textures made it a bit funny tasting.

'Fall in Love' (strawberry, passionfruit, and lemon) with pearls, coconut jelly, and mango stars:

2 comments:

  1. wow i missed out!
    I thought it was his Bday but nothing showed up on facebook!

    a) where's the speaker phone button?
    b) While you're at it, please take this bag of feces from the last patient
    c) a face shield sounds in order here as well
    d) You should ask for a PAID day off to promote company image
    e) mango stars?! where did u guys go??

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..i believe it's a shopping basket!

    ReplyDelete