Monday, August 23, 2010

236: INNER TUBING DOWN THE CHANNEL

It was a water-filled day - first we went inner tubing down the channel between Okanagan and Skaha Lakes, then we headed to Okanagan Lake to go parasailing, then we rented pedal boats, and finally we went banana boating! I have to say that the banana boat was the most fun, although we ended up with bruises since we kept flying off the banana and landing in the water at high speeds.

Banana boat:

banana boat, also known as a water sled and often referred to simply as a banana, is an inflatable recreational boat meant for towing. It was invented by Glenn Matthews in the late 1980s. Different models usually accommodate three to ten riders sitting on a larger, main tube and resting their feet on two laterally flanking tubes which stabilize the boat. The main tube is often yellow and banana-shaped. Some models have two main tubes. During the ride, the driver of the powered boat attempts to flip the banana boat upside-down by doing sharp turns. 


Our driver tried VERY hard to flip us over. And when we did fall off the banana, he would come back and smile and make thumbs up signs as we struggled to climb back on the banana.


I took all my pictures that day with a waterproof disposable camera, and I am very disappointed with the results, since almost all my pictures turned out blurry (pretty much unrecognizable) because of the condensation that had formed on the camera lens during my inner tubing. That is why I have no pictures of the rest of the day :(



2 comments:

  1. I love the photos that did turn out, Belle. I'll have to get mine developed to see if my camera fared well. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with RaeRae, at least these ones turned out:)

    ReplyDelete