Thursday, July 1, 2010

183: THE SMELL OF SEWAGE

I find that parts of Nanaimo, such as where my hotel is located, smells like sewage. However, for the longest time, I thought the smell was coming from me. I would wake up in the morning and the hotel room would be rank with this smell and I would think, Did I have an accident while I was sleeping? Did I pass gas right before I woke up? I would walk to the bathroom after just waking up or right after work, and this stench would waft over me from the toilet. I would think, Are my stools so foul that the smell lingers for days? 


A week or two ago, I was standing in front of the hotel with the air full of this smell, and one of the other floater pharmacists said, "Nanaimo smells funny". That was the moment when I realized that the smell wasn't me. It was the actual city! No wonder I didn't smell sewage in my own room in Vancouver!

Anyway the point of this blog entry is: I don't smell like sewage! Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Haha I'm so glad you actually posted this. And that toilet looks very clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. XD yes, it is actually Nanaimo, you're fine Belle

    ReplyDelete