Tuesday, July 20, 2010

201: JOFFRE LAKES

Second Joffre Lake: THIS is why they call it Beautiful British Columbia.

My friends and I went to Joffre Lakes, which is located about 3 hours away from Vancouver. In 6.5 hours we saw the three beautiful Joffre Lakes. The last big hike I did was at Garibaldi last year, and the end result is similar, since you get glacial lakes for both of them. However, I found the trail itself much more interesting. It was shorter, being only 5.5km each way (Garibaldi was about 9km each way), but the terrain was rougher and harder to navigate, because of the many roots and boulders along the way. I found it very enjoyable, although my ankles were in some pain. This is why I rue having such skinny ankles...

First Joffre Lake:


Third Joffre Lake:

          

1 comment:

  1. sooooo beautiful. the colour of the water in your first pic reminds me of Lake Louise. the first and third pics are my fave of the bunch!

    ReplyDelete