Friday, July 16, 2010

198: THIS IS GOOD

The best $10 I have ever spent - the Malahat Revue, live at the Nanaimo Entertainment Centre. They consist of local artists Said the Whale, Hannah Georgas, Jeremy Fisher, and Aidan Knight. They have spent the last few weeks touring Vancouver Island by bike (!) and are heading to the Vancouver Folk Festival this weekend. They all have their own songs, but they played with each other and were each other's back up bands. It was really really good. I love Hannah Georgas.

My friend and rx manager Allen kindly agreed to accompany me to the concert, since I would have gone alone otherwise. For dinner, I had duck breast and gnocchi with some wine (fine dining, Nanaimo style).


3 comments:

  1. your duck looks sooo yummy, and i'm glad you enjoyed the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish I had Allen as a manager...I'll make him do most of the dirty work, i.e. listening to patients' complaints, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I had a fun nite, it was a wicked concert!
    @April: I'd make you do most of the dirty work instead ;) Mwahahaha

    ReplyDelete