Friday, July 2, 2010

184: BIPOLAR DAY

Let's just say I had my fill of bipolar patients today...

It's hard to know what to say when they're in their depressive state and they say things like, "I almost killed my husband because I get violent tendencies. I'm surprised they let me out of the hospital, I think they should've put me in a rubber room. What do you mean I can't get my mood stabilizer because you can't read the doctor's writing? I'm going to lock myself up in my room now because I'm worried about being around people in public. I don't want to kill them."

But then again, there are others who are in a more manic state. There's one at this store who loves me and wants to talk to me every time she sees me. Even though all I do is nod and listen to her while she talks and talks and talks, she always tells me at the end how helpful and caring I am. I like this side of bipolar more!

1 comment: