Sunday, July 18, 2010

199: FAREWELL TO NANAIMO

The time has come - the new grads have arrived, and after seven weeks of working 4 days a week in Nanaimo, I am no longer needed here. Today was my last day and I don't think I'll be back for awhile. I will miss the island lifestyle, the not needing to drive, the staff, and even the crazy customers (but not the angry ones). That store did feel like my home store since, for once, I knew where everything was, how things were supposed to be done, and what the current problems were. I developed a camaraderie with some of the staff that is difficult to form when you are only at a store for one day at a time and don't come back for another month or two. Anyway, now I am back to the world of floating to one store per day - in the next two weeks I am going to stores in Richmond, Burnaby, Surrey, New West, East Vancouver, and Langley - 8 different stores in 9 days.

I know many people dislike Nanaimo and think it is a dump, but I think the island is a beautiful place and this city is no exception. Goodbye Nanaimo, and hello friends, I am back in Vancouver!! I can see you again!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'll get to see my worm face tonight :D I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great having you visit! Nanaimo will miss you too!

    ReplyDelete