Monday, January 18, 2010

18: STOPPING THE MOTOR OF THE WORLD


I took this picture of the abandoned railroad tracks, thinking about how railroads like these led to the growth of the cities in North America. And now they're all mostly gone, having been replaced with highways and planes. It's such a shame, really, because I think passenger trains are preferable over busses. I liked taking the trains in Europe, although I can think of certain train rides I have had in the summertime that involved suffocating heat and endless delays. How I would have preferred an air-conditioned car then!

5 comments:

  1. whoa, i suspect you had to get down on your hands a knees to get this shot, belle?

    i've noticed a colour trend in your photos, belle! you seem to be partial to earth tones =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Atlas Shrugged today, Nicky! From title to the words you wrote.

    I would really like to see how dented your car is...

    And I remember those bad train rides!!!! Piano di Sorrento to Naples + the one from Milan back to Desy's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of Atlas Shrugged when I wrote this! I think the one from Milan to Desy's house was the worst train ride. the one from Sorrento to Naples wasn't too bad, just long considering how many times we rode that train.

    my car isn't very dented because it is built like a tank! it just has some paint scratches on the bumper.

    rae you are right about my color trend, i didn't even notice. but maybe it's because i have been taking pics of..earthy things

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe the color trend will change with spring?
    nice angle, and u improved on the focus from before ;) hahaha. time for a post of your car's bumper too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really enjoying your pics! Keep it up. What are you using to edit your photos?

    ReplyDelete