Thursday, January 14, 2010

14: HAVING MY DUCKS LINED UP IN A ROW



A large number of ducks congregate outside one of the hotels near downtown. There were a lot more ducks than what you see in this picture, but some had waddled away after I tried to get too close to them (one of the consequences of having a lens that doesn't zoom).

A conversation that took place today:
Old lady: What ethnicity are you?
Me: I am Chinese
Old lady: Wow, you have such a beautifully shaped face. And wonderfully shaped eyes and nose.
Me: Um thank you!
Old lady (leaning closer): But you're not my type. Don't worry!
Me: ....?????...
Is not being an old lady's type a good thing or a bad thing?

5 comments:

  1. it's a good thing. i've never seen ducks sit in a row like that =D

    your pictures come out so saturated and sharp! i need a new lens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bad thing. You always want to be an old lady's type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that IS a LOT of ducks!
    I disagree tho, I wouldn't want to be an old lady's type!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful picture! i agree with raerae, the colours look so good...

    there were a lot of male ducks that day attracting the ladies..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good that you don't scare your subjects ^_^
    Victoria and Ottawa are the same! I went skiing the other day and the rental person asked me whether I was part of the Chinese group????

    ReplyDelete