Sunday, April 17, 2011

102: PIZZA, GELATO, AND BIKING


What is better than a day full of eating and biking in the sunshine? Not much, except maybe a day where I find out that I've won the lottery, but that hasn't happened yet...

First, I biked with Jenny from my house to Nicli Antica, a pizzeria in Gastown which serves Neapolitan style pizza. I had the Bianca (extra virgin olive oil, parmigiano, roasted garlic, roasted onion, oregano, and gorgonzola) and it was soooooo good. Jenny had the Diavola (pomodoro, parmigiano, fior di latte, sopressatta, basil, chili oil) and that was good too.



Then we went to Bella Gelateria (whose owner attended Gelato University in Italy), where I had Philippine mango sorbetto (tasted exactly like Philippine mangoes), and Jenny had a chocolate cake from Giovane - both places are located by the Fairmont Pacific Rim. We sat underneath a cherry blossom tree to enjoy our treats.


I didn't realize there were so many bike lanes set up downtown. I know a lot of people don't like Mayor Gregor Robertson's expensive bike lanes, but I applaud him because how are you supposed to attract people to bike more, if they feel that it's too dangerous bike on shared roads? I feel that the perception of being able to bike safely on the streets is so important in getting people to commute by bike. It was my first time biking on the separated bike lanes on Dunsmuir as well as on Carall street, and I really enjoyed them. If I lived and worked closer to downtown, I would bike all the time!

Then it was time to bike the grueling way home, but not before having some fun with our bikes.

What a beast day - I live FAR AWAY from Gastown. As in very very south Vancouver. And Jenny biked all the way from Richmond!

3 comments:

  1. You BEASTS!!!! What a perfect day:) You and Jenny Penny look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was such an awesome day arah!! can't wait to go again - and eat again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete