Sunday, April 3, 2011

88: CLIMBING JUNIPER POINT

I went climbing at Lighthouse Park with my friend Brian and his posse. The routes were slippery, and it was threatening to rain the whole time we were there, but it was fun. It was good to go with some experienced climbers for my first real time outdoors, since I was putting my life on the line. Safety first!

It was freezing though - I couldn't trust my fingers anymore, because they were so numb that I couldn't tell if they were grabbing onto an actual hold or if they were just holding onto nothing. I kept having to stop and warm up my hands in the middle of the climb, because I had no feeling in my fingers. However, the cold and impending rain meant that we had the place to ourselves.

The view of the ocean was so much nicer than the view of the indoor climbing gym. I must take an outdoor climbing course one day soon so I can go more often!

Setting up the anchors at the top
I have to rappel down this??
Fun climb

P.S. I even went to the gym after Lighthouse Park. Dedication, I tell you. 

2 comments: