Saturday, April 9, 2011

94: A CEMETERY AND A FLASHBACK

I decided to go to the cemetery today. No real reason, just the fact that I have never been to the cemetery in Vancouver and I had some spare time with nothing to do. I had been thinking of going to Squamish for some climbing today, but last night decided not to go because of the forecast of rain. The others still went, and it ended up being a decent day, but it was good I didn't go because today ended up being the most productive day I have had in a long time! I slept in, went to the cemetery, went shopping (and bought everything I needed), had a hot dog from my favourite hot dog guy, went to the gym, cleaned the bathroom, sewed up some loose buttons, did my taxes...it was a wonderful Saturday to myself.

The plots with the daffodils were so lovely.


Last night, I had a pleasant surprise when Giosy, who is living la dolce vita in Florence right now, popped up online. I ended up chatting with her until the wee hours of the early morning, and it made me realize how much I miss her and all my other overseas friends. I started looking through all my old pictures, and I found this gem of a photo:

My first eurotrip, a year before graduation, with Giosy and Anna (we are the three girls in non-medieval clothing). We were in Milan, and Giosy's family friend had invited us to an after-exams party. We thought she meant a house party, but we were in for a shock because it turned out to be an outdoor medieval costume party! Good memories. Italia, mi manchi...I wish I could go back.

1 comment:

  1. AWWW NICKY! I MISS YOU!!! Having that photo from the medieval party makes it worth going! Lol. I think talking about it now is more fun than when we were actually there (i.e. all the mosquito bites Numz got...plus not being able to get back into the house), though of course I can't say the same for the rest of our Eurotrips which were such a blast!

    Nice follow-through on your determination to make your Saturday busy. I ended up going to a cemetery too today and saw the tomb of the writer of Pinocchio, Carlo Lorenzini. No photos allowed:(

    Hope to talk to you again soon!

    PS. It was not my family friend, it was my family frenemy!

    ReplyDelete