Saturday, April 2, 2011

87: AIDAN KNIGHT & WE ARE THE CITY

Rae and I went to see local acts Aidan Knight and We are the City at the Red Room. I first discovered Aidan Knight when he performed as part of the Malahat Revue last year in Nanaimo and I was blown away by him, even though I had never of him before. Imagine my excitement when the radio station started playing his song, Jasper, on the radio a few months later.

I want the trumpeter's hair
We are the City is a band I didn't know much about, besides hearing a couple of their songs on the radio.
However, they were amazing live. They had good energy, and I was disappointed their set was so short. It's hard to believe these guys are only in their very early 20s, because they are so talented.
After the show, I met the very endearing and funny Aidan. When I asked for a picture, he insisted on three pictures - one silly, one serious, and one happy. This one is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment