Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cut Copy @ Vogue Theatre








What a brilliant show by Cut Copy. Definitely one of my favourites of the year - they were so engaging and FUN. I loved the singer's dance moves and how the guitarist would smile and wink whenever he made eye contact.

There was lots of stage diving and crowd surfing - one guy climbed onto the stage and narrowly escaped being caught by security by doing a stage dive...unfortunately it was right onto the floor! There was no one there to catch him. Poor guy. I can't wait for Cut Copy to return to Vancouver!

I wish I had my SLR with me - imagine how much better these photos would be!

I met a guy named Joey before the show and I loved our conversation because he probably thought I was a cashier or a stock girl.

Joey: Where do you work?
Me: (insert large pharmacy chain here)
Joey: Do you go to school too?
Me: Nope I just work.
Joey: What do you want to do with your life? Is there anything you aspire to be?
Me (chuckling in my head): Not really. Actually I think I am at the height of my career right now.
Joey: Oh...well it's good not to aim too high.
Me: Yeah you're right. I don't think I want to do anything else.
Joey: That's ok. Don't have high expectations of yourself! This way it'll make you feel better.
Me: Can you think of anything else I can do?
Joey: Well, what exactly do you do at (large pharmacy chain)?
Me: I'm a pharmacist.
Joey: Oh! That's actually pretty good...

2 comments:

  1. AHAHAHAHAHA you totally fooled him! love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice conversation with Joey. =P

    ReplyDelete