Friday, October 7, 2011

Food + Updates



Pics of food from Banana Leaf during my 9 course meal with Giosy a few weeks ago...yum!

My life has been so busy lately so I haven't had much time to update my blog. I've been going to tons of concerts, which is great but incredibly tiring. Tonight I am going to my fifth show in ten days, then I have two more shows next week. I have definitely been lacking sleep!

It looks like I am finally going to get a permanent store sometime in the near future. It's not where I envisioned myself working permanently, but after much thought I realized that my chances of getting a good store in the Vancouver area is pretty slim. This one is a good store with great staff (everyone is young - most are in their 20s and 30s), nice clientele (not a lot of addicts or people on welfare - everyone has $$$$), no language barriers, not as frustrating as many stores in the lower mainland. The only thing about the store that made me consider turning it down is the amount of gas I would have to use - it's almost 40km each way (although it's only a half hour drive)! I'm still floating for now, but once they need more people there then it looks like I am next in line for a position there.

I've abandoned my project 365 for the year. I just couldn't keep up and I had lost the motivation.

And...I'm getting laser eye surgery in 3 weeks!

3 comments:

  1. you know I'm gonna ask which store you're talking about... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a few weeks ago?! didn't we just go last wednesday? i'm excited for your new opportunity and i'm interested to see how everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Amie: store 81 :) If #7 had an opening I would totally take that, but I don't think any of you are ready to retire yet haha

    @ Giosy: You're right, it seemed like such a long time ago but it was only last Wednesday. My sense of time is all screwed up. I think because that night was concert #1 and today is already concert #5...

    ReplyDelete