Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Drums @ Venue






The lady behind me at coat check said it best : "If I danced like the lead singer on a dance floor, people would think I was a freak. But because he's a lead singer in a band then it's cool."

These guys are kind of a Joy Division/The Smiths meets the Beach Boys surfer pop...Their music sounds happy, and one day I was singing along to my favourite song (the catchy Best Friend), when I realized the lyrics went like this:

You're my best friend, but then you died
When you were 23 and I was 25
You're my best friend, but then you died
And how will I survive?

And everyday, I waited for you
And everyday, on the top of your car
And everyday, I waited for you
And everyday, on the hood of your car

I had a dream of you,
You were drifting away
You were sad
You always would drift away
And I know you're going to be okay
Because I can see it in your eyes
And I know I wanna survive

...Depressing lyrics, huh?

2 comments:

  1. stellar photos, nicky! thanks so much for taking me, i had such a great time with you, the drums....and staring at the opening band's bassist's hands!

    ReplyDelete