Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Girls @ Biltmore


I had never really heard of Girls before, but I ended up going to this concert anyway (this time as a paying ticket holder!). I'm glad I did - it was such an intense show. It was sold out and the place was packed. We managed to get the best spots in my opinion - sitting on the black boxes on the sides of the stage. It was crazy because there ended up being a mosh pit, and I didn't even think it was possible to mosh to their songs! Everyone was falling all over onto the stage and some girls even ended up just kneeling on the stage right in front of the band for the full show (one even decided to plug her iphone into the outlet in front of the guitarist...then held up her phone about 3 inches away from his face to take pictures of him).

The chief photog had the photo duties for tonight and he came right before the show started at 11:30, so I don't know how he managed to get photos. I didn't envy him because it must have been hard getting through the crowd. As my concert buddy Peter said, he might as well just have given me his camera because I had a great view! (I wish I brought my SLR - I forgot how bad my point and shoot is).



No comments:

Post a Comment