Friday, April 16, 2010

105: A DISRUPTION OF THE VOLCANIC SIZE

At the Toronto Pearson airport. I woke up before my flight to the news that a volcano had erupted in Iceland and that London Heathrow as well as northern European airports had shut down due to volcanic ash. The Paris airport was still open though, and I successfully boarded my flight to Toronto. Ciambella Rae and I looked at the monitors once we arrived to see which terminal our Paris flight would depart from, and I saw: "PARIS - CDG -- annulle."  I stood there for a second, not realizing what it meant, until it changed to english and said "Paris - CDG -- cancelled". I was very upset. 

We waited for our bags. And waited. And waited. It took them 2 and a half hours to find our bags. Then we went to the "hotel" that Air Canada had given us for the night, where we found out that they had no non-smoking rooms available. Walking into our room was like walking into a scene from a horror movie. It was dark, with stains everywhere, and there were even iron imprints on the carpet. And it SMELLED, the smoke even getting into our pj's the next day. Anyway, we went to the restaurant where we had food vouchers, and we waited. And waited. And waited. Today was basically a big waiting game for us. The only good part about today was that we got to watch the Canucks beat the LA Kings in overtime in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.


2 comments:

  1. Awww your pic together is so sad and cute.

    You weren't kidding about the dinginess of your room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that's a horrible place to stay!

    ReplyDelete