Tuesday, April 6, 2010

95: SICILIAN LOVE

April is Sicily month on my 1000 Places to See Before You Die wall calendar, and I whole-heartedly agree that it is definitely a place to see. I went to Sicily last year on a month-long trip that was originally planned to be just Greece. However, we changed it to two weeks of Sicily and two weeks of Greece instead, and I didn't expect much out of Sicily since it was more of an afterthought to me. I knew nothing about it before I went.

I am so happy that we changed our plans, because I left that island very much impressed by what it had to offer. It was so beautiful and the people were so warm, and most of all, the food was AMAZING. My favorite was the polipe (octopus) pasta with breadcrumbs from Osteria Mariano in Siracusa. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Sicily has it all, and my heart aches just remembering the fun and the memories that my friends and I shared.

Anna looking out onto the gorgeous town of Monreale. 


I was going to conclude my love blog to Sicily with a picture of us with our squid ink-stained smiles,  but thought that this one would probably be a bit more flattering. But I really really love the squid ink pictures, no matter how disgusting we look in them.

5 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE this post. I miss the pasta with cream sauce and nuts from the Osteria... and I'm kinda really glad you didn't post the squid ink pics. You don't want that coming back to haunt you in any future job interviews! (Though I love them too, they just don't make me laugh as uncontrollably and long as you and RaeRae!)
    And that picture of Numz is one of my favourites from the trip! Bellissima!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh..when are you heading out???

    ReplyDelete
  3. belle, you've made my mouth water and made me sad! that's a horrible combination! I miss Sicily so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I wouldn't mind if you posted that disgusting shot of us--it's SO FUUUUNNNNNNNNYYYYY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i leave next week! and my most favorite pictures from our trip are the squid ink pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete