Tuesday, April 6, 2010

96: VIOLET STEMS


Yellow flowers in New Westminister in their purple-stemmed glory.

BTW: If you google "purple stems" like I did, you will find an abundance of marijuana sites. The most common search involving that phrase is actually "purple stems on cannabis".  My aim was to find out the name of this plant, but the only thing I learned from this search is that purple stems on marijuana plants are due to phosphorus deficiency.  At least now I will be able to help out a marijuana grower in need of advice.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha oh Nicky, the joys, twists, and turns of Google! I remember how many dirty sites I encountered when I tried searching something along the lines of "Japanese submission".

    I think you should consider studying a bit of botany as a hobby. You've wanted to find out flower names before...and think of all the Latin! Oh, Latin *heart*

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a neat plant to encounter! it's almost like a broccoli flower

    ReplyDelete