Saturday, June 5, 2010

157: TATA FOR NOW

A brief goodbye to Nanaimo, home of Twiggly Wiggly Road, McFeely Drive, Jingle Pot Road, Buttertubs Drive, Town Ho End, Hooker Road, Dingle Bingle Hill Terrace, and many more fun street names. There is a whole Robin Hood area of town (Friar Tuck Way, King Arthur Drive, Sherwood Drive, Sheriff's Way, Jester's Way) and then there's an island with pirate themed streets (Pirates Lane, Treasure Trail, Captain Morgan's Boulevard).

If I were to buy a house in Nanaimo, I would buy it on Twiggly Wiggly Road or Dingle Bingle Hill Terrace. Just saying my address would make me smile. Plus I hear real estate is dirt cheap compared to Vancouver.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA are you serious?!??! These are the best street names ever!!! I would want to live in a Harry Potter themed neighbourhood, but would happily take Jester's Way if that plan doesn't come into fruition.

    And when I saw the title of your entry today I thought of Lululemon's "Ta ta tamer"....:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you move to Nanaimo you would be so bored! The only entertaining thing would be your Twiggly Wiggly road. You might as well move to Karl Marx Allee in Berlin--at least it's a big city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure the city just let all their five-year olds take over naming the streets. Except the adult-themed ones, cuz that's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha u know the roads here better than me!

    ReplyDelete