Thursday, June 24, 2010

176: CELLULAR BREAKDOWN

My cellphone broke down the other day. I had to bring it in to get fixed, and I won't get it back for another 2-4 weeks. I am a bit lucky since my warranty expires next week. In the meantime, I was given a courtesy phone -- an old school Nokia that couldn't do anything besides the basic phone functions. That phone died after a few hours and wouldn't charge when I plugged it in, so I had to bring it back into the store.  In its place I got a pink and white LG phone with a QWERTY keyboard. It makes texting so much easier!

I've also lost my contact list, since my phone kept freezing whenever they tried to copy my contacts onto the SIM card. So if you're reading this and haven't contacted me since Tuesday night, then chances are that I have lost your phone number. Send me a text/email/message (preferably not a phone call since I am going to Nanaimo tomorrow) - I still have the same number .  And if you have texted me and I replied with, "Are you ___?" or "Who is this?", this is the reason why.

3 comments:

  1. That mills about losing all your contacts, but at least as you said it broke down while your warranty was still active. I need a QWERTY keyboard on my phone, I am such a slow texter. But then again I don't text that often. I hope you got my message yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love QWERTY keyboard phones!! Too bad French keyboards are not qwerty--they spell something completely wonky and I'm not used to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Qwerty Rules

    @Cat: some phones (windows based ones) have settings you can change from american keyboard to european. Although that may not help if you don't have the american ones memorized.....XD

    ReplyDelete