Tuesday, June 8, 2010

160: FEARLESS

Another thing crossed off my list! It was a beautiful sunny day at Abbotsford, and I jumped out of an airplane at 9500 feet. 35 seconds of freefall followed by 5 minutes on the parachute...it was amazing. Surprisingly I wasn't scared at all, except for when the pilot opened the door which was right beside me, and I looked out to the city underneath me...

The instructor told me to put my left foot on the step, and we leaned forward, and then we were out of the plane! It was such a cool experience. He even let me steer the parachute for awhile. I want to do it again, this time solo. Who wants to take skydiving lessons with me?!

5 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! Such awesome pictures! I am so glad you checked this off your list and that you made it back to the ground safely.

    You look so cute tucked inside the cockpit! And how did you take a pic of yourself on the parachute?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i stuck my arm out and took a picture of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are such amazing photos of such an amazing experience, belle! maybe when i muster up enough courage to try it, you'll be alongside on your own!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's so cool. Are lessons really expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Belzers, you're like the little engine that could--you're always doing such cool things! So I guess someone is really on a mission to cross everything off on the bucket list! I love that picture with the old man in the back making that sign with his hands...whatever that sign means. Rock out? Love? Peace? Surf's up? lol.

    ReplyDelete