Saturday, June 12, 2010

164: DEPARTURES

Departing Departure Bay.

The clientele at the downtown Nanaimo store is so strange.

Scenario 1: A large, heavy-set BEARDED man brings in a prescription for *Sandra

Me: Has Sandra been here before?
Man: I am Sandra.
Me: It says Sandra is female
Man: I am female.
Me: Oh..umm can I see ID?
Man: I am Sandra. You don't believe me? He gives me his badge from work. It says his name is Sandra.
Me: Do you have a government issued piece of ID?
Man: I'm Sandra!! Have you never seen a woman with a beard before? He gives me his drivers license. It says Sandra and has a picture of his clean shaven face. 
Me: No..
Man: Maybe in a few years technology will enable you to do it too. I think you would look good with a beard.
Me: Maybe...

(S)he was very offended that I didnt believe that (s)he was a woman. I have to say (s)he looked like 100% man.

*Name has been changed.

Scenario 2: Customer comes in asking for Vermox, an anti-helminthic (ie. parasitic worm) medication

Me: What did the doctor say to you?
Customer: He said it might help for the worms in my skin. She shows me her hand that is covered with red dots.
Me: Do you know what kind of worm it is???
Customer: Well I can feel something wriggling underneath my skin. And then I see a white worm coming out of a hole in my skin, but when I try to pull it out, I can only get its head. The rest of it goes back under my skin and then it will come out later from another hole. I can't get the whole worm out of my hand!
Me: ........

I had to wash my hands after taking her money.

3 comments:

  1. the first one made me laugh, but the second made my skin crawl =S i hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll trade u those for my angry patients? XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! You have the best stories!

    ReplyDelete