Tuesday, June 22, 2010

174: CLIMBING TO THE TOP

There is one route at Cliffhanger that I had deemed impossible for me, since my arms are just not long enough to grab hold of the rocks above the overhang. Sure, it's easy for all the tall guys with their long lanky arms, but I just could NOT reach those rocks. And then once you get over the overhang, the holds get harder - they are not the big fun jugs that are easy to grab onto, but the ones where you can only hold on with two fingers.

However, with lots of tension, reaching, jumping, hitting my legs and knees on the wall, and sighing, I made it to the top. To commemorate this event, I took a picture from the top of the wall.

There is my leg, my pants already covered in chalk after just two routes. Holding the rope on the ground is Anna, my patient belayer.  And walking towards her is the man who works for Cliffhanger, about to tell her that I am not allowed to take pictures.

My forearms are distrutti.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you say "they are not the big fun jugs" that just sounds wonderful. You thought no body would catch that?! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, ironwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG congratulations!!!! you didn't take as long as the cliffhanger employee you told me about. lol and i love how you got the pic right before getting reprimanded, and little annina peering up at you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah correction, Anna got reprimanded. haha Belle couldn't hear anything from where she was haha.

    We're going to DOMINATE those walls. haha 5.12b's here we come haha ok let's just focus on getting to 5.10c

    ReplyDelete