Sunday, June 27, 2010

179: NORTH SHORE MOUNTAINS

The sunset view at the end of my ferry ride, with the clouds rolling onto the North Shore Mountains, as I waited to disembark.

For some reason I was also compelled to take a picture of this woman in red. I was looking out the window, watching her look out onto the Strait of Georgia. I thought she looked elegant, with the wind blowing against her red coat as she calmly she smoked her cigarette (although she was clearly doing it at a non-smoking area). I, on the other hand, was almost blown over by the wind when I went outside to take a stroll around the sun deck. I could barely walk straight in that wind!

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous pictures as always! welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish she were holding her hand out with the cigarette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! I love the picture of the woman in the red coat and I was wondering if I could use it in my blog? It would be an illustration for a proverb. I did a google search for 'coat blowing in the wind' and your picture came up. But, I thought it would be right to check with you first :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete