Sunday, February 7, 2010

37: SELF PORTRAIT FAIL


Today I spent about 40 minutes trying to take ONE decent photo of myself and failed. I have come to realize that :
a.) My house needs better lighting
b.) I should stop taking pictures in the bathroom
c.)  I have focusing issues which can be corrected by
      i.) Getting a remote, or
      ii.) Getting a life sized manequin to sub in for me
d.) I don't like having my camera in the photo with me, but I don't have skills to keep it away from the picture
e.) Not even the stick can help make my self portrait better. I tried.

1.) Problem: I have the top of my head cut off

2.) Fixed problem 1, and took out my stick

3.) Trying different poses with stick
 

4.) I even tried putting a scarf over my head to hide my identity
 

Lesson of today: 
1.) I have very much left to learn
2.) Self portraits are very frustrating

4 comments:

  1. The pictures with the stick look very frightening! I would not want to encounter you with the leather jacket and the stick. No one messes with that! When you come to Paris, you can blog using my mannequin so you don't have to take pictures of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i love how you used the stick..the one with it on top of your head is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the photo where u fixed problem 1 + stick. Leather jacket looks good on you and the stick adds an angle of respect/menace to it!

    Did you try some manual focusing to keep where ur standing in focus? Hahaha you can buy a remote shutter next ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, this post made me laugh :) i also had issues with self-portraits sans remote and mannequin. however, i did solve the issue by grabbing my stuffed penguin with my right hand and then stretching out that arm as far as it would go. then, i reached out my left hand to press the shutter button, setting off the timer. THEN, i tossed the penguin aside, scrambled over to where i though the penguin was, pose, and hoped for the best. let's just say, that served as my workout for the day, AND my pictures were sucky.

    you look real badass with your leather on and stick in hand. now, put on your scariest face, and no one will want to mess with you ;)

    ReplyDelete