Saturday, February 27, 2010

57: DANCE PARTY


My sister is in town for the weekend, so I went with Giosy and Anna to Ceili's Pub to meet up with her there to watch the gold medal curling game. It was so exciting and intense. I would love to go to a curling match and ring a cowbell one day!

We then headed to LiveCity where we caught the semifinal hockey game between Canada and Slovakia before Girl Talk started. While we were standing in the soon-to-be mosh pit, an exchange occurred between Anna and a random dude.

Dude: Were you eyeing me? You're so cute!
Anna: No..I don't think my BOYFRIEND would appreciate that.
Dude: Oh but you're so cute! I really think you were eyeing me.
Anna: Maybe under different circumstances...
Dude: (mishearing her) First Nations? I am First Nations!
Anna: I said, "MAYBE UNDER DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES"
Dude: Oh. OK. I'm not actually First Nations anyway.

HAH!

Girl Talk, on the table, crouched over his laptop, while girls from the audience dance around him on the stage.

I started off so close to the front, but what a mosh pit I was in! I'm really not a big fan of body surfing, especially when the person kicks me on the head and falls on me because I did not hold them up. I am also not a big fan of being caught in the middle of a girl fight (complete with pushing and shoving and some yelling). But otherwise, it was a fun, crazy, dance party, once we backed up a little bit and got out of the moshing zone.

Girl Talk (aka Gregg Gillis) looked a bit like Jesus. He started off fully clothed. Then his t-shirt got torn so it hung off his shoulder. And then, finally, he just took off his shirt.


And what better way to end off my day than with fireworks and a picture with a girl dressed as a banana.

1 comment:

  1. haha i'm so glad you captured the shot of the screen at Girl Talk's most Jesus-like state. also glad we bumped into that banana!

    ReplyDelete