Thursday, February 11, 2010

42: OLYMPIC FEVER

I am infected with Olympic fever and excited that the Olympics are here in town!!

The Olympic torch came just a block away from where I was working today, but unfortunately I had to stay inside because someone had to man the pharmacy and protect the drugs. The exchange of flames happened right in front of my coworker though so I am envious. At least a customer showed me his pictures of the torchbearer afterwards. Between his pictures, and my coworkers' descriptions of what happened, it's almost like I was right there with them...

If only someone wanted to come with me to watch Arnold Schwarzenegger carry the flame through Stanley Park tomorrow! It's too bad no one is willing to wake up at 5am to see the Governator with me.

Here is the other side of the mittens. Yes this is what I do before going to work to amuse myself.



2 comments:

  1. you are SO CUTE with your mittens! my mom got me a pair too but i haven't worn them out yet. it's too bad you couldn't check out the torch relay -- i was going to go tomorrow with some coworkers but i'm not sure if i'll even be at work tomorrow :( i might have to suck it up just so i can see it happen. are you seriously going to stanley park? if you want to go you should go even though no one will be with you. it's an opportunity you shouldn't miss!

    and it looks like you won't be spending hours trying to take a pic of yourself anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want olympic gloves!! And I would have totally gone with you to see the Governator. What is he doing carrying the torch? He's not Canadian! I thought only Canadians carried the torch... My favourite line of your blog: Someone had to man the pharmacy and protect the drugs.

    There is only one woman for that job, and it's YOU.

    ReplyDelete