Sunday, February 21, 2010

51: I THINK MY LIFE IS PASSING ME BY


Today was a fantastic day, because I got to do three of my favorite things:
1. Eat a hot dog: in this case, a Japadog
2. Spend time with my good friends, my travelling sisters
3. Watch a free concert: Sam Roberts Band at Livecity Yaletown

Now, I did spend a good deal of time today standing in line, notably 2 hours for my Japadog and 1 hour to get into the concert site. In hindsight, we should probably have waited another two weeks to get the Japadog, when all the tourists will be out of Vancouver. But, our regular hot dog guy was not working today, and I was desperate for a hot dog, and so that is where my afternoon went. If only I could have more days like this: sunny, fun, and full of cheap and free things!

I have realized that this is the prime of my life, and yet I spend the majority of my time at work, or sleeping, or relaxing at home. I should be out enjoying life, right? If only I didn't find going out so exhausting. Why am I such an old lady at heart??? And in body too, since I always have foot and back pain, and I am only in my early twenties! Oh dear, who knows what ailments I will have when I am in my sixties.

2 comments:

  1. yay for line ups! I spy with my little eye something that is red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun with you yesterday! I also love sunny, fun, and full of cheap and free-things-filled days. They are the bestest.

    I feel exactly like you...it's so hard to find the motivation to party and go out when staying in is so much easier! I only share your foot and back pain when I wear heels in clubs....if only flip flops were accepted as sexy club footwear.

    Lol and we both don't get much sleep either!!! Wtml?!

    ReplyDelete